Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Zero Line

On Saturday we went to a park that the Zero Line ran through. The Zero Line is based at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, in London. It was established by Sir George Airy in 1851. By 1884, over two-thirds of all ships and tonnage used it as the reference meridian on their charts and maps ( From Wikipedia).  

We first went to a playground and stayed there for a bit then Zoe and I went to sit whilst my mum and dad and baby sister looked at the to of the hill. My dad came to get me and Zoe to tell us that they had found lunch. My dad and I shared a pizza whilst my mum had chilli and my sisters both had chips. Then we went to the planetarium where we watched a cool movie thing about planets. We then had some very frozen ice cream and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment